- How to Light Your Wedding Sparklers
How to Light Your Wedding Sparklers
When everyone has one (or two!) sparklers, you’re ready for the fun to begin! We know you want your guests to be safe, and we’re here to help. We’ve put together a few tips on how to light a wedding sparklers.
- First, choose somewhere sheltered from the wind.
- Then, hold the sparkler horizontally or with the tip slightly lowered.
- Next, light the first sparkler using a butane or propane lighter. The person who lights their sparkler first is given the happy task of “Designated Lighter!”
- Have everyone line up with sparklers in hand. Sparklers will ignite each other almost instantly, so the Designated Lighter will be able to move quickly from person to person.
Sparklers are fun and friendly, and following these safety tips will prevent any harm.
- Never use matches to light sparklers. Matches burn very quickly and fingers could get burnt trying to light a sparkler.
- Light your sparkler at the furthest tip from the bare wire handle.
- Only light one sparkler at a time—never try to light a bundle of sparklers! Also, don’t try to relight sparklers once they go out.
- Keep your sparkler at arm’s length, far away from faces, skin, clothing and shoes. Closely supervise children!
- Just in case, keep a bucket of water or a fire extinguisher nearby.
A bucket of sand or water can be used to dispose of sparklers once the fun is over. If using trash cans, make sure sparklers are cool before they are thrown away.
Weddings and events are more fun with sparklers! Ignite your sparklers carefully, and light up your special night.