The party went perfectly, the guests left happy, and now it’s time for cleanup. We know you’ve been dreading cleanup since the moment you started planning, and we have some shortcuts to speed things up. We’ve got step-by-step instructions on the quick and easy way to fold your tablecloths like a pro—no stress and definitely no wrinkles!
Round tablecloths are tough to fold, but we’ve got you covered. There are actually two ways to fold round or oval tablecloths.
The first option is to fold into a square:
- Use the table to lay the tablecloth flat. Fold the cloth in half so that it looks like a half-moon.
- Next, bring the rounded side over to the straight fold. The round edge should line up with the middle of the straight fold’s edge.
- Fold your tablecloth in half lengthwise.
- Last, fold your tablecloth in thirds to form a perfect square!
Your second option is:
- Start by folding the undersides of the tablecloth together to form a half-circle.
- Fold your half-circle again.
- Now, laying your cloth on a flat surface, bring the edges of your cloth together to fold crosswise twice more.
- You’ll end up with a small wedge that will store flat in your linen closet.
*Pro Tip* Cut down on the need for ironing by waiting until your tablecloths cool before you fold them!
How to Fold a Rectangular Tablecloth
Rectangular tablecloths are easy! They can be folded the same as flat sheets or towels.
- Fold your cloth in half lengthwise with the underside touching.
- Bring the bottom and top edges together, folding in half crosswise.
- Fold the bottom edge to the center of the cloth.
- Fold once more and your tablecloth is ready to be stored.
Now that you know how to properly fold your tablecloths, that’s one less cleanup task you need to worry about!